1. What do you mean by DevOps?
From the name itself we can clearly understand that DevOps is the team collaboration of both
development and operation. It is not a software or framework or a tool. But it is combinations of
many tools which is very helpful in automations of full infrastructure. DevOps implements Agile
methodology both in development as well as operation sides.
2. Explain about Version Control Systems?
A software which helps the developers for working together as well as maintaining their
complete working history is known as VCS.
The following are few features of the VCS. They are,
- It allows the developers for working simultaneously.
- It will not allow us for overwriting for each change.
- History for every change is maintained.
There are 2 types of VCS. They are,
- Central VCS.
- Distributed VCS.
3. Can you state few differences between the GIT & SVN?
Following are some of the differences between the GIT as well as SVN. They are,
S: No GIT SVN
1. It is Decentralized VCS tool. It is Centralized VCS tool.
2. Operations like push & pull are very fast. Operations like push & pull are slow.
3. Offline commit is possible Only online commit is possible.
4. Automatically commit will share the work. No work will share automatically.
5. It is 3 rd gen VCS tool. It is 2 nd gen VCS tool.
4. Explain how will you clone the GIT repository through Jenkins?
First, we should enter the details of username and email of our Jenkins system. After that we
need to switch into our job directory & then execute git config command.
5. Explain about Continuous Integration?
In general, many developers will be engaged in developing the same apps. We must need to test
each module by integrating them. For this we need automate process for each module on the
daily bases. This complete process is known as Continuous Integration.
6. Can you explain Continuous delivery?
We can say Continuous delivery as extension of the continuous integrations. This helps some of
the developers to deliver their code straight away to the end users continuously. In such cases
the code must go through some process before delivering to the end users. This is possible with
the help of continuous delivery.
7. Explain Continuous Monitoring?
Once CI and CD is completed the developers should keep an eye and monitor their final product
whether it works properly based on the required scenarios. If there are any changes require,
they need to do the changes and deploy the changes in the product environment. This process is
known as Continuous Monitoring.
8. What are the scripting tools which we used in the DevOps?
Following are the scripting tools which we used in the DevOps. They are,
9. Can you explain how to copy or move the Jenkins of any sever to other?
We will see a task to copy the directory of a job from existing server to new. We can able to
achieve this in many ways. Some of the ways are given below. They are,
- To move one job which is installed on one Jenkins to another simply by copying the directory of the job.
- Other way is we can clone the existing one with a new name.
- Another way is by just renaming the existing one.
10. List the types of testing which is supported by the Selenium?
Following are the types of testing which is supported by the Selenium. They are,
11. Explain about Selenium IDE?
An environment of integrated development for the Selenium script is known as Selenium IDE.
This is implemented as an extension of the Firefox. This allows us to perform the following. They
- Debug Testing.
The entire code of Selenium is included in the Selenium IDE. This help us to quick and easy
record testing in the environment where it will actually play.
12. What is mean by IAC? How it fit in DevOps?
IT infrastructure type which is used by the operation team for automatic managing and
provisioning via codes. It is rather than the use of manual process. Companies which looks for
the fastest deployment will consider this infrastructure as software.
13. What do you mean by Puppet?
Puppet is a CM tool which is used for automating the admin task. It has the architecture of
Master-Slave. Hear the slave will first send the request for certificate singing to the master. Then
the master will then establish the connection between the master and slave.
14. Can you list some important concept for why we go for Puppet?
Following are some important concept for why we go for Puppet. They are,
Good support for community.
Learning is very easy for DSL.
15. Can you list the best CM tools?
Following are the best CM tools we used. They are,
16. Explain about Agile methodology?
Following are the process of Agile methodology. They are,
The process is DevOps.
DevOps is same as the Agile.
Individual group can be framed.
Production management is done by the developers.
Development driven management for release.
17. How will you conform that the service is ready to launch?
Following are the simple steps to conform that the service is ready to launch. They are,
Plans for recovery.
Logging is centralized.
18. Can you list me some of the benefits of Git?
Following are some of the benefits of GIT. They are,
Personality as well as copy of the data.
The directory in repository is only one.
Performance of the network as well as usage of disk is very high.
Any type of project can use GIT.
19. Can you list some of the DevOps tools which are used in industries nowadays?
Following are some of the DevOps tools which are used in industries nowadays. They are,
IBM Urbancode Deploys.
20. Can you explain the role of the AWS in the DevOps?
AWS is the service which is based on the cloud and it is provided by the Amazon. Using
unlimited storage as well as computing power AWS ensures the scalability. AWS empowers all
the IT sector for developing and delivering the sophisticated product. Also deploying the apps on
Click here for 2019 Interview Questions for DevOps